Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ask Mr. Know-it-all

Hello, and welcome back for another edition of Ask Mr. Know-it-all. Something tells me we’ve got a lot of people scratching their heads out there, so let’s get started!


Dear Mr. Know-it-all:

Every year about this time, I have the same question: What day is Easter on this year?

Skyee, age 11

Dear Skyee:

Don’t feel bad. You’d be surprised how many people don’t know how to tell when Easter falls each year. Actually, it’s determined by a number of things like the vernal equinox and the lunar cycle. But my research staff has assured me that this year, Easter falls on a Sunday.


Dear Mr. Know-it-all:

I bought a sporty new car last week, and I love it! I’ve been driving everywhere in it. But this morning when I went out and got in it, it wouldn’t start. It just kept making this annoying grinding noise. Help! What did I do wrong?

Debbie in Des Moines

Dear Debbie:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds to me like you got a lemon! I hope you kept your receipt, because Mr. Know-it-all thinks this puppy needs to go back to the pound.

Dear Mr. Know-it-all:

My girlfriend and I having been dating about two months. But for the past couple of weeks she seems to be avoiding me. She won’t take or return my calls. And, a friend of mine told me he saw her and another man leaving a swanky restaurant late one evening. What gives?

Seriously Bummed

Dear Bummed:

It sounds to me like your lady just needs some time to herself. If I were you, I’d give it another week. If you still haven’t heard from her, maybe you should go to her place late one evening and surprise her.


Well, that’s all the time Mr. Know-it-all has for this week, but keep sending those brain twisters my way, and I‘ll be back next week to solve all your problems!